Traditional quantitative and qualitative disciplines
- Focus groups/depth interviews
- Phone surveys/mall intercepts
- Strategic concept and promise testing
- Diagnostic research/copy testing
(Idea: Use imaginative techniques to ferret out the emotional or deeply-rooted insight that drives the business and leads to more effective communications.)
- Observational research
- Ethnographic studies
- Ideation/generative synectics sessions
- Semiotic analytic techniques/linguistic analysis
- Creative development in an Account Planning format
- Facilitated team sessions for problem-solving
- National consumer database
- “Fulcrum,” a sophisticated and powerful form of behavioral segmentation for consumer or business-to-business marketing
- Prospecting/Client-finding Programs
Example: A database-assisted, coached relationship-building program that caused a regional advertising agency to triple their billings in a recession and receive a high national honor.
- Turnkey Strategic Planning
Example: A thorough business plan for a consumer-goods manufacturer that caused their sales to jump 32% after three consecutive years of decline.
- Internal Communications
Example: An internal fact-finding and team-building program that solved the key productivity problem of a communications company and got them growing again.
- Database Marketing
Example: Complete design and implementation of a Master Customer Information File for a major regional bank holding company, with in-depth household profiles, financial scenario analysis, and detailed training for bank users of the system.
- Ad-hoc Problem-solving
Example: Thorough analysis of a large retailer’s problem with declining average check in the stores, with both tactical recommendations and rigorous on-site program follow-up. Result: 20% same-store sales increase after two years of decline.
- Creative Development and Analysis, Account Planning
Example: Design and implementation of comprehensive consumer communications program for another large retailer, with scanner-data posttesting to measure achievement of goals linked with custom behavioral consumer segmentation and database-assisted communications testing capability.